12.3.2019. (ADAC Autovermietung GmbH) For years, manufacturers always report new records in the number of new registrations of motorhomes. More and More holidaymakers want to try this form of travel once, and for many motorhome Fans in the rent is the better Alternative to buying:
no high investment, more flexibility, no Parking worries. The market of the rental campers is growing steadily. The ADAC car rental, including Caravans and mobile homes, explains what it takes to Rent.
1. Time: Who wants to travel in the school holidays, and a specific model is preferred, should book early, preferably six months, before the holiday begins. Currently, there are still plenty of mobile homes for the high season they are fully booked according to our experience quickly. Flexibility in the vehicle and the period of time is helpful. In the case of vehicles over 3.5 tonnes should be checked prior to the hire, whether the driver’s license is sufficient.
2. Rental period: usually mobile homes are available for periods of at least a week to rent. In the off-season, a shorter rental periods may be possible. After three weeks, there are often discounts for long term rentals.
3. Camping/Parking space: In the main season, it is a book on Camping and Parking spaces mostly full. On www.pincamp.de you can get an Overview of recommended places in the target area.
4. Insurance: in addition to the mandatory liability insurance campers are covered by fully comprehensive insurance, with a deductible of 1500 Euro. This contribution is a deductible insurance still reduce.
5. Instruction: For the Handover of the motorhome, allow enough time. It takes between 30 minutes and an hour, until the tenant, for example, Gas, toilet or awning will be familiar. A meticulous tour of the vehicle, to record any existing damage and to confirm, is forgotten in the ADAC motorhome rental duty on the roof.
Who rents for the first Time, a mobile home, you must be aware that it is considerably reflected and longer than a passenger Car, and so other rules apply. The motorhome needs to be loaded so really Heavy to the bottom and centrally as possible between the axles, to secure cargo. Both incorrect loading as well as Overload, adversely affect the driving safety and, in particular, can be abroad.
So, the speed of travel is other than by car: from 90 to 110 km/h is safer, easier on the nerves, and – thanks to the lower fuel consumption on the wallet. Because, on average, living to consume mobile 9 to 14 litres of Diesel per 100 kilometres.